Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greetings and Application for CAW1

Greetings all -

Callsign: Casimir
    Sim Experience: Been flying flight sims since the C64 days (when they couldn't even be called sims); EAW, Janes WWII Fighters, IL2 Sturmovik (all versions save Cliffs of Dover, including current BoX versions), Falcon 4.0, Janes F/A-18E, about 2 years in DCS (off and on with the A-10C), and tons of sim hours in FSX and XPlane (where I fly on the PilotEdge network). There are others I honestly don't remember also; those are the ones that stick out. I currently fly with the Tangmere Pilots on Tuesdays and Sundays w/ IL2 BoX, and have been in several other online flight groups over the years.
    Controls: CH Pro HOTAS (Pro Pedals, Pro Throttle, CH Combatstick), and I fly purely in VR (Oculus Rift)
    Timezone: Central US Time
    Additional Info:
    • Mainly looking for an active group who's flying (or actively planning on flying) Ops and online weekly campaigns.
    • I can paint (painted my last groups planes, and paint for my IL2 group also - I'm no pro, but can get it done).
    • I am getting savvy with the mission builder, which is much less complex than I expected overall (sans the LUA scripting - aside from that the IL2 BoX mission editor is far more complex).
    • I can fly the hornet, trap on the deck, and refuel - it's mostly the intricacies of the MFD systems I'm still working on.

Hi Casimir, someone will reach out to you.

Welcome dude!

Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift

Cas, check your PM s.

@Bonedust - thanks, and thank you again for answering my questions.

@Drillin - thank you sir, I have checked them and downloaded the appropriate documentation and mission. I do have a question, however.

In the startup checklist (which is a near mirror of the one I currently use) there are a few references marked in blue, such as Signal PC or Signal PC thumbs up. I'm a little confused by this - is this just a notation that a real world pilot would normally perform, or is this something that we actually have to do? Admittedly I haven't had the opportunity to run the Startup.miz file as yet (I was planning on doing that tonight), so I don't know if this is actually something that's part of the process in the in-game radio options either. I don't use the Touch controllers at all while I fly DCS (or any flight sim - I use the mouse to manipulate switches and buttons and the HOTAS for all flight controls and functions mapped to it).

You signal the PC (Plane Captain) using the F10 menu.

Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift

Okay, thanks much - I was assuming that to be the case but wanted to be sure.

Yup, cool mission editing by ...Cham I believe? just for realism here. Not something you have to do to startup in missions.

Welcome aboard mate

Quote Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
    Welcome aboard mate
    You should change your avatar....is terrifying everyone except for me....I just threw up in my mouth a little.