Thread: Hello Gents

Hello Gents

Excited to see the doors open for recruitment as I've been expecting your announcement as promised. I'm Michael Steele and been flying DCS since its early days with the introduction of the A-10C and now enjoying learning the ins & outs of flying the Hornet.

TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat peds and TIR.

I live in PST zone surrounded by snow-capped mountains. Just the wife and me with our 2 boys grown and OUT of the HOUSE and working towards early retirement (so I can fly all the time).

Looking forward to meeting you all and enjoy NAVOPS with you. BTW, I couldn't find when the 106th flies which is critical due to my schedule.

Thanks guys for the chance to fly with you.

Steele

While in VFA-106, and once on the roster for training, you and your IP arrange your flight times mate. I am online most weekday evenings but I am in GMT timezone, I still see guys online though most nights at my timezone. Welcome to the forum mate

Thanks Pongo! Actually GMT is good for me. How are guys accepted for training and notified, here on forum, PM, or email?

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    Thanks Pongo! Actually GMT is good for me. How are guys accepted for training and notified, here on forum, PM, or email?

One of the admins (Drillin', Wolf, etc.) or IPs (Cham or BD) will contact you. PM I assume.

It was PM for me when I joined.

Wing missions I gather from forum are scheduled somewhat randomly as members create and provide them with no set weekly schedule?

Weekly schedules should be coming soon Steele.

One of the admins will be in touch with you. You'll start on the 106 and go throught our training program, which is relatively straight forward and most guys who commit finish it quickly. Once you finish your training you'll be given full forum access and sent to the 115 where you'll be vigorously abused by, well....everyone really haha.

If you're an American we don't need anymore of those, so don't tell anyone haha

Welcome to the wing!

Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift

Thanks mate, looking forward to hearing from someone in admin! BTW, have relatives living in Plaster Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    Thanks mate, looking forward to hearing from someone in admin! BTW, have relatives living in Plaster Rock.
    Plaster Rock...you poor bastard haha.

Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift