Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So, whilst I can fly the hornet, I have only owned it a week and have about 4 hours in her so far. I can start up, taxi, take off, navigate, of a fashion (well I can fly the waypoints and find my way back to the ship), lob the odd missile about and I can land on land and once on a carrier, so i am by no means an expert and have a LOT to learn lol, but i am keen to learn and be part of the team and I don't have a flappy head or a need to fart on folk How do i join the trainee section?

...long Canadian sigh....I'm trying my damnedest to see things from your guys perspective....but I just can't get my head that far up my ass

Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
    So, whilst I can fly the hornet, I have only owned it a week and have about 4 hours in her so far. I can start up, taxi, take off, navigate, of a fashion (well I can fly the waypoints and find my way back to the ship), lob the odd missile about and I can land on land and once on a carrier, so i am by no means an expert and have a LOT to learn lol, but i am keen to learn and be part of the team and I don't have a flappy head or a need to fart on folk How do i join the trainee section?
    We have a very good and balance training program here Pongo. What are your flight times? Would they fit the wing?

Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift

Pongo... See your PM.

`Wolf

I have computer stuff running DCS!

'Refueling behind that S-3 is like trying to put a flaming stick up a moving cougar's ass!'

Hi Bonedust, I am online from about 1900 GMT each night Monday - Thursday and usually fly until my eyes are ready to close or I can't make out the HUD without squinting or getting closer to the screen. I don't usually fly on weekends as I am at home with my wife and kids and my pc is at my house in the south.

What sim equipment do you use? IE track IR, Oculus, joystick, rudders, etc...
    Last edited by Chameleon; 11-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Life's an illusion, it's the pain that's real.

Hi Bonedust, I am online from about 1900 GMT each night Monday - Thursday and usually fly until my eyes are ready to close or I can't make out the HUD without squinting or getting closer to the screen. I don't usually fly on weekends as I am at home with my wife and kids and my pc is at my house in the south.
    Sounds good mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    What sim equipment do you use? IE track IR, Oculus, joystick, rudders, etc...
    I have a HOTAS with rudder on the throttle quadrant, I am looking for a new one now though, something with twin throttles I have just ordered head tracking as I have always used a hat switch for view, but it doesn't cut the mustard when looking at panels in flight. I don't have oculus though as I am not made of money I have teamspeak as well, so comms is no drama either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    I was thinking dalmation.

Bone is Canadian we hold that against him all the time.
    Bloody hell Chammie. Welcome Pongo. I of English parents and a member of the Common Wealth which includes national health care.