Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    So, whilst I can fly the hornet, I have only owned it a week and have about 4 hours in her so far. I can start up, taxi, take off, navigate, of a fashion (well I can fly the waypoints and find my way back to the ship), lob the odd missile about and I can land on land and once on a carrier, so i am by no means an expert and have a LOT to learn lol, but i am keen to learn and be part of the team and I don't have a flappy head or a need to fart on folk How do i join the trainee section?

  2. #12
    Senior Member BoneDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    796
    ...long Canadian sigh....I'm trying my damnedest to see things from your guys perspective....but I just can't get my head that far up my ass


    Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift

  3. #13
    Senior Member BoneDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
    So, whilst I can fly the hornet, I have only owned it a week and have about 4 hours in her so far. I can start up, taxi, take off, navigate, of a fashion (well I can fly the waypoints and find my way back to the ship), lob the odd missile about and I can land on land and once on a carrier, so i am by no means an expert and have a LOT to learn lol, but i am keen to learn and be part of the team and I don't have a flappy head or a need to fart on folk How do i join the trainee section?
    We have a very good and balance training program here Pongo. What are your flight times? Would they fit the wing?


    Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift

  4. #14
    Right for lineup, power Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Perrysburg Ohio
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
    So, whilst I can fly the hornet, I have only owned it a week and have about 4 hours in her so far. I can start up, taxi, take off, navigate, of a fashion (well I can fly the waypoints and find my way back to the ship), lob the odd missile about and I can land on land and once on a carrier, so i am by no means an expert and have a LOT to learn lol, but i am keen to learn and be part of the team and I don't have a flappy head or a need to fart on folk How do i join the trainee section?
    Pongo... See your PM.

    `Wolf

    I have computer stuff running DCS!

    'Refueling behind that S-3 is like trying to put a flaming stick up a moving cougar's ass!'

  5. #15
    Hi Bonedust, I am online from about 1900 GMT each night Monday - Thursday and usually fly until my eyes are ready to close or I can't make out the HUD without squinting or getting closer to the screen. I don't usually fly on weekends as I am at home with my wife and kids and my pc is at my house in the south.

  6. #16
    What sim equipment do you use? IE track IR, Oculus, joystick, rudders, etc...
    Last edited by Chameleon; 11-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.

    Life's an illusion, it's the pain that's real.

  7. #17
    Senior Member BoneDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Pongo View Post
    Hi Bonedust, I am online from about 1900 GMT each night Monday - Thursday and usually fly until my eyes are ready to close or I can't make out the HUD without squinting or getting closer to the screen. I don't usually fly on weekends as I am at home with my wife and kids and my pc is at my house in the south.
    Sounds good mate.


    Windows® 10 Home Premium, 64bit, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (Cores 6) (Logical/Core 2) , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 1 X 1TB SSD, 1 X 275GB SSD, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card, 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz, Oculus Rift

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    What sim equipment do you use? IE track IR, Oculus, joystick, rudders, etc...
    I have a HOTAS with rudder on the throttle quadrant, I am looking for a new one now though, something with twin throttles I have just ordered head tracking as I have always used a hat switch for view, but it doesn't cut the mustard when looking at panels in flight. I don't have oculus though as I am not made of money I have teamspeak as well, so comms is no drama either.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
    I was thinking dalmation.

    Bone is Canadian we hold that against him all the time.
    Bloody hell Chammie. Welcome Pongo. I of English parents and a member of the Common Wealth which includes national health care.

  10. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •